You've got from 2nd August until the 4th October to complete the time trial, and there'll be prizes for a number of categories in the race.
You can see full details below.
A race for everyone
There’s not just the overall winner category here though as like our other races, there are categories for all abilities, so everyone has a chance to win.
Tempted? Here’s how to get going and start logging rides…
1. Sign up or Log-in to CW.CC
2. Click the “join” button above or click here to join up.
3. Upload all your rides between 02 August and 04 October – the leader board updates with your fastest times automatically
4. Check back here to see how you’re doing
Keep on riding to improve your times
If you think you can shave a bit off your time by going a bit harder, just go out and have another go. Or if you end up cracking on the first climb, you can have another pop at it next weekend. You can keep logging rides to get your overall time down.
Any routes, anywhere, anytime
You can ride any routes (except downhill routes*) at any time you like. So if you know a nice fast course and the weather is looking spot on, go out and have a go. Course selection and tactics are all part of the game. Admittedly, your options for flat courses are a bit more limited in the Lake District but there’s always somewhere.
There are a number of ways you can log rides
1. Use the RiTMO Ride Tracking iPhone App – record your ride and sync wirelessly with CW.CC
2. Upload a ride directly from your Garmin device – plug in your Garmin and away you go
3. Sync with your Nike plus account
4. Export and upload a GPX, TCX, FIT or Polar HR file from your favourite app or device. Most GPS devices and smartphone apps let you export rides in one or more of these file types so chances are you can carry on using your favourite.
Cheating is bad for the soul
Cheating is pretty easy to spot, so if the temptation of skulduggery flashes before you, be strong and resist. You stand to gain nothing apart from the opprobrium of your fair-minded cycling companions. Besides we all know cheating is bad for the soul.
Be safe and courteous
We know we don’t need to say it but we’re going to say it anyway: ride safely and courteously when out and about and do your best to keep it nice and friendly on the discussion board.
Terms and conditions
By joining this race, you acknowledge and accept that it will entail physically challenging activities and some of the techniques featured in the challenge may be suitable for advanced runners only. Individuals participating in the challenge do so at their own risk and anyone under the age of 18 should be supervised by a responsible adult. Participants must seek medical advice if they have any injuries or medical conditions. Protective & appropriate clothing should be worn at all times. Participants must obey all traffic controls and signage whilst undertaking the challenge and are solely responsible for ensuring that they comply with all applicable traffic laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, IPC Media Limited and Training Diaries Limited exclude any and all liability to participants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with an individual’s participation in this challenge.
Cycling Weekly reserves the right to query or ignore any entries that it believes contain falsified data. All activities must be logged by midnight GMT 04 October. For all other standard terms and condition, click here.