The Lounge

1825 Posts

SPOTY POLL

ok so who would you vote for then.No tactical votes this is without pressure,and purely from the heart.
This has no bearing as to how you might vote on the day,or tactically.This is forum only.So dont be bullied :cool:

1. 2181 Posts

Yep!! got the right person. :cool:

2. 2032 Posts

Sorry Chris, I know you said we shouldn't vote tactically but I feel I need to tactically vote for Nicole to even up the balance that CW has weighted towards Hoy.
    I wouldnt normally vote anyway because SPOTY is an irrelevant event in measuring sporting success.
    PS from the heart it would be for Cooke anyway ;)

3. 3545 Posts

Cooke for me.
    Shame Cavendish wasn't on the Beeb's shortlist despite winning more races that any other pro in the top branch of the sport. Perhaps they think 150 mile TdF stages are too easy.

4. 7226 Posts

He didn't win the World Championship, or Olympic Road Race, though. Cooke did.

5. 161 Posts

Cooke for me too.
    If Team G.B. win the team award does that include Cav. :D
    I hope so.He's an amazing talent.

6. I am pleased to see that Nicole is the choice here. Sad to see that today you can get 279 to 1 on her with Betfair, ahead of Wiggins, Pendleton and Cavendish, who Betfair's clients rank equally with Tim Henman at 999 to 1! Romero is at 649 to 1. Only Hoy is a respectable each way bet at 5 to 1 in what is disgracefully seen as a two horse race: Adlington at 1.64 to 1 and Hamilton at odds on :D

7. 349 Posts

If Team G.B. win the team award does that include Cav. :D
    I hope so.He's an amazing talent.

I would hope he would he would be included since he won gold at the track Worlds for GB!

8. 2181 Posts

Only Hoy is a respectable each way bet at 5 to 1 in what is disgracefully seen as a two horse race: Adlington at 1.64 to 1 and Hamilton at odds on :D

9. 2032 Posts

Ive just found out that Hamilton came second in last year's SPOTY, and what was that was for winning?? .... NOTHING.
    So what chance has anyone got against him this year...
    as I said above, SPOTY is a pathetic measure of sporting success, it would be an embarrassment to win it.

10. 2181 Posts

Could be wrong here but I think BBC are getting back FI !?!?
    So with a world champ and SPOTY , BBC are going to be very smug next year!!

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register