The Lounge

5960 Posts

Clothing to Match Your Bike?

While out riding today, I passed a guy who was waiting at a set of traffic lights, as I passed in the opposite direction, I noticed he was riding the 2012 Cube Peleton Bike; and that he was wearing a matching Cube Jersey and Shorts, he also had a matching colour scheme Helmet. Green and White! Really did look the Business!
I wondered if anyone knows where I can get the Cube riding gear to match my 2011 Cube Agree GTC Pro? I know - I know, Posing dosent make you go any better on the bike; but I quite liked the way this guy had everything matching. Help!
Guidance Appreciated
M

1. 1369 Posts

TBH it looks like Google will be your friend for this: cube clothing.
    Since your mind/brain is what constructs what you believe is reality: you only have it's 'word' for it. Then surely if said mind suggests that you are riding better and faster with your posing gear on it must be true, with in the confines of the reality that it is making for you. Maybe your riding won't be improved in my mind's version of reality, but then that doesn't matter to you because in your's it does ;)

2. 1209 Posts

I must be oddball. Unless I'm wearing club kit, I go out of my way to ensure that there is no way I might be considered by others a poseur*! This entails never, ever wearing a shirt/shorts combination which has been designed to be put together. Either black shorts + hugely colourful shirt (to alert comatose motorists) or team/trade shorts + plain shirt (usually white).
    * Clearly there is a Freudian explanation for this based on my childhood experience. I feel a new thread coming on.

3. 1369 Posts

OK, so I wear 'utility' coloured clothing, either lurid yellow, red (trying to move away from this), and black and if they have reflective bits even better. I'd rather not become a car's radiator cap hence the yellow and reflectives

4. 5960 Posts

ShropshireLad I must be oddball. Unless I'm wearing club kit, I go out of my way to ensure that there is no way I might be considered by others a poseur*! This entails never, ever wearing a shirt/shorts combination which has been designed to be put together. Either black shorts + hugely colourful shirt (to alert comatose motorists) or team/trade shorts + plain shirt (usually white).
    * Clearly there is a Freudian explanation for this based on my childhood experience. I feel a new thread coming on.

Your not an oddball! I also dumb down my riding gear (NORMALLY) but when I saw that guy with the Cube Peleton and all his riding gear matching; I thought it looked quite impressive, He was a guy getting on in years and sporting a well groomed beard. Now, I'm 64, and a bit of a slow coach these days, so, a little psychological (feel good) help may improve my riding? really, it's just to match the colour scheme of the bike..

5. 5960 Posts

allezhopper TBH it looks like Google will be your friend for this: cube clothing.
    Since your mind/brain is what constructs what you believe is reality: you only have it's 'word' for it. Then surely if said mind suggests that you are riding better and faster with your posing gear on it must be true, with in the confines of the reality that it is making for you. Maybe your riding won't be improved in my mind's version of reality, but then that doesn't matter to you because in your's it does ;)

Tried google, not much came up! I'll keep searching. Need a go-faster jersey.

6. 7068 Posts

Current trade team kit seems more widely worn than ever. I blame the internet, it's all too easy to get hold of.

7. 2260 Posts

Current trade team kit seems more widely worn than ever

I had noticed this..although IMO it's not a bad thing.

I've always worn team kit,although this year have had some retro kit made up and bought a few Vintage (ie old/used..) jerseys off ebay... I like to look good on the bike.. Same reason i have leathers that match the colours of my motorbike :)

8. 8022 Posts

I'm a trade team clothing wearer, usually a bit of a mix of stuff, not deliberately, more like what's not currently needing washed however since I'm out on the road so much these days and always out to advertise locally I'm thinking it may be worth getting some shop branded kit made. Not so much to sell but what better way to advertise than force drivers to read what's on my back(and arse) in the local area. Big pain is it's 10 items or more generally so may have to opt for the Forme team kit which is a bit of a shame!

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register