Tech

My First Bike Build - Cervelo P2

Hi Everyone,

So here is the plan. Today I picked up a second hand 2010 Cervelo P2 frame that I wanted to build up for TT's.

I was thinking of putting Shimano Ultegra 6700 on it:
Crank - 53/49
Cassette - 11-25

Its the best I can afford. I have used SRAM Force before and it is lighter but the shifts aren't as satisfying - you know what i mean?

I have never built a bike up before so any advice would be useful. Anyone know if its a british or italian BB?

Thanks, Paul :)

1. 965 Posts

its a british bb, nowt wrong with ultegra, i built up a Cervelo S2 with 105 even though its got duraace stickers all over the frame. As for tips take it slowly make sure you have the tools for the job, ask questions

2. 675 Posts

Make sure you don't crossthread the BB. That was the hardest part of my recent build and a torque wrench is essential. Get the wheels on it early on. If you have a workshop stand it's not a major problem but I didn't so it made the job easier of getting other components on.

3. I have most of the tools needed - got a torque wrench! Cant live without it now!
    I think the biggest worry for the build is the BB. Sounds like its quite easy to damage the BB when tightening as well as cross threading as you mentioned.

4. 965 Posts

cyclingstevo I have most of the tools needed - got a torque wrench! Cant live without it now!
    I think the biggest worry for the build is the BB. Sounds like its quite easy to damage the BB when tightening as well as cross threading as you mentioned.

Not if you clean and grease the threads, take it easy

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register