Tech

671 Posts

Fizik Arione - wear and tear

I've had my Fizik Arione saddle for just less than a year and have noticed a lot of wear on the nose, where the coating of the "leather" is coming off at the join with the central suede section. I would expect it to last a lot longer than that. Any thoughts and if I were to replace it, what would be a similar saddle, as I love this one.

1. 5981 Posts

wildebeest I've had my Fizik Arione saddle for just less than a year and have noticed a lot of wear on the nose, where the coating of the "leather" is coming off at the join with the central suede section. I would expect it to last a lot longer than that. Any thoughts and if I were to replace it, what would be a similar saddle, as I love this one.

Try for a replacement on warranty if it's less than a year old! That saddle suits ? then get anothe one ...

2. 1209 Posts

How much mileage does 'less than a year' translate into?

3. 671 Posts

1800 miles since July and I didn't ride it from November onwards
    A bit of an update - I filled in a web form on their website along with photos of the damage at 23:56 lat night. They have just replied, apologising for the delay and they said to send the production date(dial indentations on plastic) and they will send me a new one. Result for Fizik so far.

4. 1369 Posts

So far so good, I don't think it could have been better :)
    I must admit that seeing your posting right after I'd just bought a Fizik saddle made me wonder about spending so much. But I'm glad to see that they have responded quickly and helpfully to your enquiry.

5. 5981 Posts

Result! Warranties do work with some companies!

6. 1209 Posts

Nice to hear the update.

7. 671 Posts

I gave them the date of manufacture 80 (or 08!) with an arrow to a 2 yesterday. Next thing I know I get a tracking notification from UPS for a delivery from Selle Royal SPA today. I'm waiting with baited breath.

8. 671 Posts

Milan last night, Barking today, hopefully my bike tomorrow.

9. 5515 Posts

Good work fella, I was looking at one of those - Your info may well make me take the plunge now!

10. 671 Posts

IMAG0176.jpg

The story is over.

I really cannot fault Fi'zi:k for their customer service (and comfortable saddles)

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register