Tech

1. 5963 Posts

Two tyres for just under 20, looks like a bargain!

2. 1369 Posts

If you like falling over.
    I've a set hanging in the garage, almost new, they came on the CAAD10. After falling off on a wet greasy corner on my 2nd ride I've replaced them with GP4000S. Might not have been the tyres but I don't have confidence in them now.

3. 2261 Posts

Oh great! I've a pair i got cheap earlier in the year,just waiting for the lithiums to wear out.. not gonna do my downhill cornering any good if they don't grip.. although i did see lots of reviews saying they were good in the wet,before i bought them.. Not sure if i want to risk them now...

4. 1369 Posts

As I said it may not have been the tyres, it was the back that washed out and sent me spinning around. There had been roadworks a couple of miles earlier so there could have been something picked up. Anyway i was mightily annoyed and decided to change to tyres in which I had already had good experiences.

5. 965 Posts

Nowt wrong with the Lugano's it all in yer head

6. 11 Posts

allezhopper If you like falling over.
    I've a set hanging in the garage, almost new, they came on the CAAD10. After falling off on a wet greasy corner on my 2nd ride I've replaced them with GP4000S. Might not have been the tyres but I don't have confidence in them now.
    It probably wasn't the tyres but totally possible they were still covered in release agents/oils and whatever else they come in contact with during the manufacturing process.
    A greasy corner wouldn't help matters either though.

7. 8022 Posts

They replaced the Blizzards and never had a problem with either. Pretty hard wearing tyres too.

8. 1251 Posts

I had a pair of Luganos, they always felt like they were going to let go on the most gentle of corners, they never did but they made for a very nervous ride, especially in the wet. Horrible things, threw them away before I fell off.

9. 1369 Posts

pragmatix Nowt wrong with the Lugano's it all in yer head

Nope, it was my knee, hip and elbow that was in the road :)
    Either way, whether it was the tyres or in my head, I replaced them with ones I preferred and thereby addressed both possibilities in one go. They may get used again (at least in the emergency bin) once the Krylions on the Allez need replacing. The Krylions feel twitchier than the GP4000 too.

10. 7071 Posts

I've got some luganos which ride slowly but are perfectly safe. I didn't deliberately buy them and I don't see any reason to.
    The easiest thing you can do to make a bike feel good is buy quality tyres. Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps are very good. (Other tyres are available)

Previous 1 2 Next

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register