Rides

Northern Rock Cyclone challenge awarded UCI status

I am pleased to announce that the Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge has been awarded UCI Golden wheel status for 2008. The event is only one of 4 UCI events in the UK this year and is now listed on the UCI website. All details of the event can be found at www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk. As of today (11/1/08) 410 entries have been received.

1. 5518 Posts

Well done Peter!
    See you there!

2. 3224 Posts

Which are the others please ?

3. 5518 Posts

4. you can find all the UCI events at www.uci.ch
    look in events calendar - all 54 of the events are listed.

5. 4 Posts

What is the Golden Wheel?
    Surely you have just got a place on the UCI calendar.

6. What is the Golden Wheel?
    Surely you have just got a place on the UCI calendar.

You are correct that the event is on the UCI Calendar. The events the Cyclone is listed with are all Golden Wheel events. I was informed that this was the correct name for these events by the BC Official who sits on the relevant UCI Commission.
    The next step up is the Golden Bike events and there are only 8 of these in the World. My intention is to apply for Golden bike status in a couple of years time.

7. 4 Posts

I think you are probably mistaken regarding any series of events termed Golden Wheel, there is only one seies and that is the Golden Bike series, of which I've been fortunate to ride a few.
    The Dragon Ride are probably way ahead of you as far as getting the UK Golden Bike status, they had the UCI guys at their event last year.

8. I think you are probably mistaken regarding any series of events termed Golden Wheel, there is only one seies and that is the Golden Bike series, of which I've been fortunate to ride a few.
    The Dragon Ride are probably way ahead of you as far as getting the UK Golden Bike status, they had the UCI guys at their event last year.

I can only go by the information I was given by a member of the UCI Sportive Commission as to the title of these UCI events. Perhaps you know more than someone who sits on the Commission.
    I have never disputed the fact that the Dragon ride has had UCI status for several years or that it could get Golden Bike status first. If you read my comment carefully you will see that I only state that I would be applying for Golden Bike status in a few years time. If you don't try you don't achieve anything!

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register