Odds quoted on t'internet for Milan San Remo -
    Boonen 5/1
    Pettachi 5/1
    Bettini 7/1
    Bennati 8/1
    Hushovd 9/1
    Freire 10/1
    Zabel 10/1
    I'm going for Bettini ;). Good team behind him, Something to prove wearing the rainbow bands, and his pride will be hurt after his daft wee off yesterday!
    Know we only get one go, Campag Chris, but my outside bets would be Leipheimer or Pozzatto.

2. 1825 Posts

buzz been thinking about the 1 rider thing and maybe we should pick 2 incase theirs a crash or someone cries off at the last minute.Whats every one else think.
    ps Im waiting for starting list after my prediction for Tirreno D.N.S. :mad:

3. 5518 Posts

Good idea, CC. I should do the same and wait for the start list, but think Bettini or Pozzato at this early stage.

4. 202 Posts

dont know if you guys & gals av'eard yet, but Bettini fell badly yesterday & has a deep gash to one of his legs - think he's got time to be @ the start of San Remo, but don't see him doing much training beforehand!! :(

5. 407 Posts

Can't see Disco being ready for another yet... No I fancy it being one of the quick step boys

6. 324 Posts

Got to be Pozzatto, but like everyone else I'll wait to get the proper list in when the start list has been settled.

7. 233 Posts

Yes!! I made it!!
    Boonen or Pattachi.

8. 407 Posts

Yup Simon 9000 my moneys with you !!

9. 324 Posts

Right, I'm going to stick my neck out.
    I'm going to vote for Thor Hushovd.
    Boonen is not quite on form this year, and there are conflicts within his team regarding Bettini. Bettini himself has taken a few tumbles recently and doesn't really seem to be himself. Petacchi is no good when the competition is as fierce as this, and he's also no climber which takes him out of the running. Zabel is perhaps a bit too old, and the Milram team will be rallying behind Petacchi - I still think he'll be top three, though. Pozzato will be watched by QuickStep, they don't want one of their defectors to win. Freire is a possibility too, but I don't like him as much as Thor!
    In fact, I'll predict the top three:
    1. Hushovd
    2. Friere
    3. Zabel
    (really, though, a load of Italian no-marks will take up the whole top ten!)
    PaulJ

10. dont know if you guys & gals av'eard yet, but Bettini fell badly yesterday & has a deep gash to one of his legs - think he's got time to be @ the start of San Remo, but don't see him doing much training beforehand!! :(

I'll still put my money on Bettini.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register