Racing

Last call for the White Rose Classic

1. 407 Posts

What's a post about a sportive event doing in the racing section?!

:)

2. 8022 Posts

Cos there are 999 riders all out to try and beat El_Cid.....and probably fail miserably!

3. 3023 Posts

G'arn El-Cid, get thar training!!

4. 46 Posts

And a lot of the riders will attempt to race the event, because to them it is a race. My advice to them is enjoy the ride and take a good look around, some great countryside to enjoy.

5. 2217 Posts

You are correct, this thread should not be in the Racing section, it should be in the rides section.
    Fergie, it will be easy for any half competent cyclist to get round faster than me. I will be enjoying a full day of great riding in good company, including sociable stop offs at the feed stations which are sponsored by none other than Warburton's.
    I was considering setting off last with a bonk bag in order to pick up all the gel wrappers and litter that riders leave en route. But my poor old back probably won't stand up to all the bending down, so please riders, put your litter back in your pockets and use the bins at the check points.
    It's a super route, the team organising it are doing a great job, there is plenty going on at the HQ (eg Rapha and others in attendance), which itself is in a lovely location, so it promises to be a great day out for the full compliment who have entered.

6. 8022 Posts

Looking forward to it, new lands to explore and all that...I'm not sure if a I want a sunny warm day or a wet-windy and cold day....maybe best go with the wet one..that's what I'm used to!

7. 1369 Posts

bfergie Looking forward to it, new lands to explore and all that...I'm not sure if a I want a sunny warm day or a wet-windy and cold day....maybe best go with the wet one..that's what I'm used to!

It's Yorkshire: you get what you get and like it. Obviously it's in the wrong national park; the Moors are the best and I'll not have anyone say otherwise!

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register