Racing

Criterium International

Did Froome show class or not?
great ride, but, With what will be asked of RP at the TdF should CF have defended RPs yellow jersey? I say yes, showed a lack of respect I think, even with the team matey hug at the end. I think that will be a lesson learned by RP.

1. 2032 Posts

Froome was head and shoulders above Porte yesterday and destroyed the group. He had every right to go for the win. Respect doesn't win races and it sure has hell doesn't show on your palmares at the end of your career. Look what happened at the Vuelta a couple of years ago when Froome held back to support Wiggins. That lost them both the race!

2. 6352 Posts

Sky was the limit; that's for sure! Well done Froome and Porte.

3. 857 Posts

I'm not sure what is meant by "respect" in this case are you saying Froome should have ridden on Porte's wheel knowing he had the legs on him? That to me isn't racing!
    The days of Hinault and Armstrong demanding the peleton "respect" them and then throwing their toys out of the pram when someone dares to attack them, thankfully seem to be over or at least temporarily suspended and it's made for much better racing.

4. 2267 Posts

I see what you're saying but how much longer can you expect Froome to keep holding back and letting his team mates when he is much stronger. I can see this years tour is going to explosive, Froome seems to have a no holds barred look in his eyes this year.

5. 3687 Posts

Team Pork Pie retweeted:
    Richie Porte &**8207;@richie_porte 8h
    so people have questioned @chrisfroome yesterday... It's called tactics and worked so well he won stage and GC **tactics **teamwork **nuffsaid

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register