News

5514 Posts

Spanish cycling - drugs beef

From the link -
Catalan police are reported to have found a number of banned products during five searches undertaken as part of the investigation. Among the products found were clenbuterol, nandrolone, growth hormone and EPO. All are said to have been imported into Spain from Portugal and Andorra by one supplier. Members of the group subsequently sold them on in local gyms to amateur athletes, triathletes and cyclists.
clenbuterol.....Sound familiar to recent events???? to those who look through yer rose-tinted shades, this is at amateur level. It's systematic and at all levels in Beefy Berties homeland........
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/catalan-police-break-up-doping-ring-in-girona :mad: :mad: :mad:

1. 3545 Posts

It absolutely stinks.
    I no more believe Contador got the Clenbuterol in his system through innocent means than I do in Father Christmas.

2. 3598 Posts

From the link -
    Members of the group subsequently sold them on in local gyms to amateur athletes, triathletes and cyclists.

No farmers then?

3. 276 Posts

I heard they circumvented the farmers and went directly to the cows, why pay a middle man.

4. 5514 Posts

If the farmers were involved there would be subsidies from the EEC.......

5. 2892 Posts

EEC ?
    Topical reference.

6. 5514 Posts

OK. So instead of EEC (glad you're senior enough to recall that, so pleased I put that in for you) I perhaps should have put in CAP, which most people wouldn't get - Thats the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union, which manages farming subsidy in the EU. saved you a google there....
    Take it you got the point though, and I bow to your superior knowledge of TLA's.....

7. 1165 Posts

lol john caught a big one!

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register