Health and Fitness Training Programmes

1 Post

Etape Training

I'm doing the Etape du Tour (Alps) in July and want to go to the Alps to get some good training in beforehand and if poss maybe ride the actual climbs. Does anyone know any companies or places to go and stay that help with this kind of thing?

1. 1164 Posts

Always some addresses in the back pages of the comic.

2. 2 Posts

There's a company called Polka Dot Cycling that do Etape Preparation tours and I'm sure they ride the route as part of that. One of my friends did some training with them last year. I think their address is www.polkadotcycling.com. He said it was a good week and really helped.

3. 46 Posts

Sports Tours International are running 2 training weekends aimed at riders who are doing Etape. The training weekends in May and June are held at Skipton.
    Riders are booked into a hotel and get 2 good days riding in, the routes are in the Yorkshire dales and go over some substantial climbs, backup and energy food and drinks are given. The rides have 2 or 3 local riders to take you on the route and keep the group together.
    Priced about 250 all in. All details are on the companies website.

4. 19 Posts

There are lots of companies that can help, but you could easily do something yorself as well. you could also look to do some of the frequent sportives in the region or in other mountain areas (Ballon d'Alsace for example).

Come the summer, if you are in good shape and going well, you'll have no problems. I've know dutch guys do the Marmotte without problems and the closest they came to going over mountains was to road over bridges across the motorways

You need to be a member to add a reply. Please Login or Register